Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year, John Daly

I have a lot of uncertainty about the upcoming year. The economy makes me nervous. I worry about the decline in housing values. I worry about our leaders making important decisions. I worry that businesses will collapse and everyone will be unemployed. It’s the great unknown that freaks me out completely! If you ever feel the need to worry but don’t have time, rest assured I’m probably worrying about whatever it is that’s troubling you.

Following a directive from Brandon and others who listen to be stew, I’m worrying less and realizing my worry won’t do anything but give me an ulcer. 2008, while not a great year, wasn’t a bad year for our family at all. In fact, after I read this morning’s paper, I felt SO MUCH better about myself.

I am copying this verbatim (Shout out to Mr. Cartmill!) and I’m worried that someone from The Indianapolis Star will stumble upon my blog and sue me for copyright infringement or something similar. It’s a risk I’m willing to take to make everyone feel better about their year…

“John Daily said Wednesday he is serving a six-month PGA Tour suspension. Daly doesn’t know when it began or when it will end, but he said it was for conduct that brought unwelcome publicity to the tour. He cited four possible 2008 incidents as the reason for the penalty:

  • After a rain delay in March at Palm Harbor, Fla., Daly emerged from a Hooters hospitality tent with Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden as his caddie for the final seven holes of the round.

  • Promoting a course in April in Missouri, Daly did a regional TV interview wearing only blue jeans—no shirt, no shoes—while showing how to play one of the holes.

  • At the Buick Open in June, during a pro-am that featured Kid Rock in overalls, Daly revved up the fans by hitting one drive off the top of a beer can.

  • Daly had too much to drink in October at a North Carolina Hooters. He was not charged but spent the night in jail under a state law called “Assistance to Intoxicated Persons.” “

Here's wishing John and the rest of us a great 2009! By the way, that banner at the top came directly from John Daly's official site. You can't make this stuff up.

2 comments:

Sara Alexander said...

I think the John Gruden story is the best. JD is a nut case!

Leslie said...

I don't know...I think JD televised shirtless might have the Gruden story. Now, if Zach Johnson wants to do a shirtless interview I'm all for it. :)