Monday, November 30, 2009

Hello again!

If you could hear my as you read this, you would know why I haven’t had much to say in the past week. I’ve had plenty going on and a cough that sounds like I’m on the edge of developing emphysema.

Since I last updated you, I shot pictures of Sarah Palin during her book signing in Noblesville.

I don’t need to tell you this was a huge thrill for me. I’ve told the story seventeen times to anyone who will listen, but I wound up in the front of the press line twice. It pays to have freckles. If you have freckles, people automatically assume you’re friendly and want to help you. It also pays to be naïve. It was an experience I wouldn’t have dreamed of having three weeks ago and one I won’t soon forget.

My new favorite person in the whole wide world is Maria, our cleaning lady. It’s not even fair to call her a “cleaning lady.” Miracle worker and brave soul are much more fitting. Not only did she not run screaming from our house, she even cleaned out the light fixtures in our bathrooms. I ♥ her!!!!! An hour and a half into her day, I asked her to come every other week instead of the budgeted once a month. I may have to stand on the corner with a sandwich board to drum up photography business to pay for her. I am willing.

We are 99% decorated for Christmas. All the trees are up and decorated, except the 12’ in the living room. I let the kids decorate it and it needs to be redone. In secret, of course. They put all the snowman ornaments on one branch, all the grill themed ornaments on another. Don't ask. Meredith’s tree tried to end its own life while we were away, so I have to re-decorate it today and pray that Gorilla Glue can hold Tinkerbell’s wings.

We spent Thanksgiving with my Mom’s side of the family in Carmi, Illinois. Friday morning, we went to Olney so I could re-shoot Jennifer’s Christmas card photos, after I pulled a Mary Lou Propes and lost her files. We visited my Grandpa & Grandma Berger and stayed until the kids started doing sommersaults in their living room. We grabbed lunch at Hovey’s and ran into my parents and half of Richland county. I was so miserable with this “cold” that I wasn’t very pleasant company.

After hitting CVS for Zicam, which come to find out is not at all safe for me to take, we went to Newton so I could re-shoot Jill’s Christmas card pictures which met the same fate as Jenn’s. Piece of cake. Brandon went to the restaurant with Gaspare, while I draped myself over Jill’s leather chair and drank hot tea. I love spending time at Jill’s house. It’s so warm and cozy and she is without question, the best hostess in the world.

Over the weekend, we decorated like fools. I think it helps Brandon feel connected to his mom. She was over the top with decorating, and he wants to do the same for our kids. Our house is dripping, dripping in garland, which the kids both call ‘garlic.’ Maria and I will be vacuuming fake pine needles for weeks.

I have photography orders to process, Christmas cards to mail, laundry to do, and tress to finish. Good thing I’m updating the blog, but I missed all of you! Hope your Christmas season is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just about died laughing at the reference to Mary Lou Propes. I heard she used to keep pics in the oven????