Monday, April 20, 2009

Well, I think I'll call him Bambi.

You know how in all the Disney movies, all the babies arrive in spring? Especially, in the forest, all the animals show up at the pond with their new babies. I think the same phenomenon must happen with people. I love to shoot newborns, and this spring, the little ones keep coming.

Kelly's first pink bundle, Maya arrived first:


Then Baby Drew!!! I cannot believe I haven’t posted any pictures of Drew! Drew’s mom (Hi Angie!) probably thinks I’m either really thoughtless or a spaz. Angie is a really good friend of mine and she reads this blog. She teaches kindergarten, so I don’t need to tell you she’s a peach. Angie and her husband Jeremy welcomed their second baby, Drew Harper in March, right before his big sister Kate’s birthday. Drew was only five days old in these pictures, which is the perfect time to shoot a newborn, if you ask me. They give you very little static about having their pictures taken...and they are willing to lie still for extended periods of time. :)


Angie was kind enough to refer one of her neighbors to me and I spent some time with Sweet Sophia last Wednesday. Sophia is six weeks old, which is a little older than I normally, shoot itty bitties. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to keep her busy little feet in the frame, but we did it! It helped that she was asleep for a few of these.

There are more babies on the way, so I look forward to a spring and summer filled with sweetness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! Newborns are such fun to photograph and I agree, the smaller the better. I can't wait to take pics of my little bundle soon. I have props (blankets, hats, angel wings) ready and waiting!!!

Jenny
PS - the collage looks great!