Monday, May 11, 2009

This is for you Beaker!


I know. I know. It’s been awhile. Honestly, I hadn’t given this blog much thought because I assume everyone tires of me quickly. Beckman respectfully requested an update and I don’t like to disappoint friends…

I’ve had one of the busiest months I’ve had in years. Not just busy with activities and the usual, but I’m mentally exhausted too.

As you all probably know by now, I launched my new website early last week. That took more hours than I can count to put together. I will spare you all the details, but it was tedious. I’m not always great with details and I especially don’t enjoy watching tutorials and/or reading instructions. So, it was a big task and had to be completed. I’m very proud of the end result, and already see changes I’d like to make. Please feel free to forward the website to everyone you know! I’m open for business.

As always the kids have kept me hopping. Alex finally started loosing teeth. This forces me to keep a crisp $5 stashed somewhere in the house and to stay up late typing out notes from the Tooth Fairy. Good thing this blog is password protected, or my cover would be blown!

I really need to take some pictures of the Alex’s jack-o-latern smile. I’ll add that to the list. Alex quickly figured out he would need to loose four teeth in order to clear $20. He’ll probably start chewing rocks or pay someone to punch him in the mouth. Our neighbor nearly gave me a heart attack when he told Alex he thought each tooth was worth at least $20 and then winked at me.

Meredith got bored with her cast and we decided to bedazzle it. That lasted about a week until the “diamonds” kept getting tangled in her curls. She got up from her nap with a clean-slate cast. I was hesitant to do the whole signature thing because I didn’t want to stare at a messy cast for four weeks. I told her people could sign it her final week. The Sharpie came out during a trip to Illinois, and the rest is history. Her biggest signature snag came yesterday when we met THE Barbie at the Children’s’ Museum. Pictures to follow as soon as I dump my memory card.

In addition to our normal life, I’ve had an entirely new element tossed in over the last week and a half. If I had to guess, most of you reading this already know about all of this but for those of you who don’t…My Grandma and Grandpa Berger called a little over a week ago to tell me my Aunt Sue was in the hospital in Indy. To make a long story short, she was failing fast.

As most of you know, my relationship with my dad’s side of the family is fractured, at best. I see my grandparents regularly, and one of my uncles and my aunt, but that’s the extent of my paternal relationships and it has been since I graduated from high school. (There were major issues over who was paying for college and it got ugly. I was in the middle. Another reason why I will avoid divorce at all costs. Anyway, I hadn’t seen my dad since 1994. )

Over the course of the last week and a half, I’ve made several trips to the hospital for visits and wound up having spontaneous reunions, including with my dad. It’s been a huge blessing for the most part and my Aunt Sue has seemingly fought off sepsis and will soon begin her fight against cancer. I’ve been able to catch up with her children and they’ve been able to meet my family. It’s been wonderful and has brought me so much peace.

So, I know I’ve neglected the blog, but with good reason, right?! I have loads more to tell you, so pop in this week and I’ll see if I can’t get back on track!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Glad you're back! I missed reading your blog :-)

Marianne said...

I checked out the website, it looks great!

I will keep your Aunt in my thoughts and prayers.

Marianne

Sara Alexander said...

$5? Sheesh!! Are his teeth made of gold? I can name one area effected by inflation:)

michelleb said...

Thanks for the update! We missed hearing about the Webber Wonders - Marni, especially, has been concerned about Merdi & her cast!