Monday, June 15, 2009

Her father's Daughter

It’s not a secret that most people associate Alex with Brandon and Meredith with me. Alex is pretty serious, always analytical, and occasionally wickedly funny. Meredith is “on” all the time. Sometimes to the point of annoyance. Just like her mother.

Today was a little different than our typical Monday. For one, Alex started Pioneer Camp today, so he was at Conner Prairie fishing and covering his arms and face in war paint. Brandon’s morning flight was full, so he worked from home today.

Meredith and I made brownies before her nap. Alex told me first thing this morning that today was “Man Day.” What? Evidently, he heard it on the news. I found out he was in fact, completely serious when they mentioned in on the lunch hour newscast. So, Meredith and I decided to make the men of our house treats. I was too tired to make cookies, so brownies from a box it was.

As we were making the brownies, Meredith asked 37 times if she could lick the spatula. We’d just gotten home from her dentist appointment with no cavities, so why not? As she was licking the batter, I picked up my camera.


The second picture looked too posed. Too pagenty. Too weird. I said, “Merdi, stop it! You look crazy! Just be normal.” She said, “O.K., how’s this?!”


Now, if you’ve ever tried to take a photo of Brandon, you might know it’s very hard to get a normal one out of him. He will make bunny ears, like a third grader desperate to impress. He will let his mouth hang completely open just to be annoying. Most typically, he crosses his eyes.

Maybe she’s more like Brandon than anyone knows. Lord help us!

1 comment:

Penny Pickles said...

okay - so i like the pageant pose - so pretty - even with chocolate smeared on her face.