Thursday, March 12, 2009

My love affair with elastic.

Really?! I've had NOTHING to say since Monday?! Wow! I didn't realize it had been so long. I bet you're on the edge of your seat, huh? :)
My year of eating has resulted in a weight gain I’m not proud of. I have to loose the weight soon because it’s becoming impractical to be me. I’m tired all the time, more so than usual. I’m disorganized, which I attribute to my lack of energy. My feet itch from poor circulation after a walk around the neighborhood. It’s ridiculous.

The biggest issue of late is? I can no longer fit into my clothes. I have no idea what I’m going to wear this spring because currently I have one shirt I feel comfortable wearing in public. That’s right. I’m not kidding. Nor is it an exaggeration in order to snag the go ahead for a shopping spree. I hate to shop when I’m a size I’m happy with. I really hate to shop for clothes for which I’d like to remove the sizing tag. So, I refuse to shop. Something’s got to give.

So what’s my current solution? Stretch pants. Ugly, unflattering stretch pants. Which scream, “LOOK AT ME! I’M A HOUSEWIFE WHO NO LONGER TAKES CARE OF MYSELF!” OR…pajamas. I’ve caught myself wearing pajamas in the middle of the day twice in as many weeks. It’s a problem and it’s rubbing off on Meredith.

Either that or she knows about Hugh Hefner. I really hope it’s my bad influence and not his.

Meredith has gone from the black leotard of last week to her pink robe. She was wearing it around after school today and said, “Hey Mom! This robe is sooooooooo comfortable! I should have been wearing it a long time ago! Can I wear it for dinner?!” She ate her baked cavatini in her plush, pink, princess robe. Uh oh.

1 comment:

Penny Pickles said...

amen to not buying clothes in a size you hate, but if my good friend at what not to wear have shown me, you have to have a few things so that you can get out of that shlumpy feeling and feel good about going out, walking, despite your itchy feet! long live stretch comfortable mommy pants - and for the record you always look great - seriously!