Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Taste of Spring!

It’s 67degrees and Meredith is feeling her oats. I have no idea what that means other than when I was a kid and my grandpa’s horses would run through the field on a nice day, my dad would say “They’re feeling their oats!” It probably means something gross and I’m posting it for the world to see.

First of all, Meredith was so excited to go to school today to show off her new shoes. Land’s End clearance is the best and the ONLY reason I’ll go to Sears willingly.

I picked up Meredith from school and she was already in a squirrely mood. I had the sunroof open and she asked me to roll down her window. I did and she was so happy. With her curls whipping around the backseat, grinning as broad as the day is long, she said, “Oh I LOVE too much wind! This is great!!!” She waved to every car, and laughed hysterically at a purple semi. Then she pulled Alex’s stocking cap on and said “Look at me! I’m Alex.” She looked like a rapper. All she needed was a gold tooth.

Meredith is outside riding her scooter up and down the driveway waiting for the bus to bring her playmate home. Brandon is cleaning the grill! His dad’s birthday is today and instead of being chained to the stove making the requisite chicken parmesan, Brandon is grilling. I couldn’t be more relieved. My part is over. The cupcakes are frosted. Hope Al doesn’t mind pink.

Alex was in a particularly good mood this morning too. He looked so grown up and I asked him if I could grab a few pictures of him. He said, “Sure you can. I woke up on the right side of the bed today.” I wish I could bottle this weather.

An uncharacteristically silly Alex.
A little less silly, but much less stiff than normal! Also a little blurry, but I’m going with it…

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Merdi, cute as ever...but Mr. Alex! Oh my goodness, so grown up and handsome. I love his silly face.

Unknown said...

I think I've seen that face on Brandon a time or 2! Like father, like son.