Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm a regular TV guide!

I think we just had a weekend, but it went by so quickly, I really can't be certain. Friday night was our usual; put the kids to bed and watch Lost. Brandon gets annoyed that I usually watch Lost on Thursday while recording it for him. He wants me to wait and watch it with him. I usually do, especially now that Friday Night Lights is out of new episodes. What he doesn’t realize is if I was watching for the first time, he would be peppered with questions. I watch it once, try to process what I saw, and then watch it again with Brandon, so I can completely confuse myself.

Saturday we had a busy day. The family had a birthday party to go to at noon. Our little friend Catey Campbell turned one, and Meredith was more than happy to help her celebrate. She was really excited that I let them wear their Easter outfits. Alex was invited to another party that started at 2:30, so after we watched Catey squish her cake, we had to scoot.


Alex wanted Brandon to take him to the party because it was once again at Bounce Planet. Aside from jumping houses, the place has ticket spitting carnival games. You know the kind. You wind up buying $20 worth of tokens so you can win a 27 cent inflatable sword. Alex learned quickly Mom will not buy extra tokens, and Dad will mortgage the house to win an alien.

For all my talk about the silliness of tokens, tickets, and trinkets, Alex came home with a pink sparkly ring just like he’d promised Meredith he would. She was thrilled and he was quick to tell her it had cost him 20 tickets!

Saturday night, my friend Jill hosted a Real Housewives of Orange County party. It was mainly an excuse to get together and drink wine and was just what we all needed. I paid for it Sunday, because I forgot I’d be losing an hour of sleep and I suspect I was over served.

After living in our house over a year, I decided we should probably put up some window covering aside from our visually stimulating white blinds. It’s always risky when Brandon and I do anything that involves putting holes into a wall. There’s nothing that causes our marriage more strain than trying to hang something level. My method tends to involve a hammer, a bunch of nails, and a lack of patience. I eyeball things, hammer in the nail, and hang whatever it is I’m hanging. Then I move it over, up, or down, making a series of holes in the wall until it looks just right. This is in direct contrast to Brandon’s method which involves a laser level, a tripod, and a willingness to spend a Sunday hanging curtains. I’m happy to report the curtains in two rooms are hung and we will still celebrate nine years of marriage in July.

No comments: