Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A new leaf

A reoccurring issue at our house seems to be disorganized closets.---Only the closets I’m in charge of maintaining. Brandon is in charge of his own closet, so it doesn’t suffer like the rest.

Like the majority of people I know, our closets all have their own set of issues. My closet tends to hide laundry that didn’t quite make it into drawers. Alex has a habit of cleaning his room by scooping things off the floor and piling them into his. Meredith changes clothes several times a day. Ignoring repeated admonishments, she pulls things off hangers and leaves them on the floor. Minus the mold, Meredith’s closet looks like flood waters recently receded.

After I finally took the time to clean out my closet a week ago, Brandon announced he had big plans for my space. He designed and ordered a custom closet organizer for me.

Thursday evening, I lifted the garage door to find a UPS man (not our regular, extremely nice one) unloading the last of 30 boxes onto our driveway. I was panic stricken because I distinctly remember hearing the organizer weighed over 700 pounds. The UPS man had three boxes to go. He put those in the garage, and wished me luck moving the others. Brown didn’t do much for me. I was a sweaty mess by the time I moved everything.

Brandon spent the majority of the weekend building my new closet. He’s so patient and precise with everything. I would never even attempt to put something so complicated in place, but if I did I’m sure my tools would be strewn all over my job site. Evidently, it’s much easier to do a job with efficiency.


I was a little reluctant to make an investment to store my sweat suits and turtleneck sweaters, but I have to say, I’m thrilled with the outcome! Brandon said he hoped I liked it and that is should be next to impossible for the closet to become disorganized. I rarely shy away from a challenge.




Unfortunately, there's no good way to completely capture my organized closet. I would have to crawl into the attic and shoot down, and that is simply not going to happen. So, you'll just have to trust me that the other three walls are just as organized!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Looks like my dream closet!! One day... ;)