Saturday, September 26, 2009

Irony

I've known Brandon for 15 years. I know he can't be trusted around cameras, old photo albums, or an idle Facebook account. He will take unflattering pictures of you. He will pull awkward Jr. High photos out of your scrapbook and frame them for his office. He has updated my FB status with such classic and cryptic messages as "Ay! Nachos!" Brandon also loves to push buttons.

We have also had a 12 year battle over the Taco Bell dog. For whatever reason, Brandon thought that campaign was genius. He's normally too erudite to find anything funny outside of Mel Brooks movies. That stupid Chihuahua stuck him as funny. His mom got wind of it, and in her quest to collect, purchased every talking stuffed animal Taco Bell offered. To this day, we fight over the disposal of the collection.

Yesterday morning, a few comments came in on the blog. I noticed they said, "Yo Quiero Taco Bell" in the subject line, which seemed odd. I thought someone who knew about our Chihuahua war was goofing around with me by entering the most iritating Spanish language phrase into the subject line. I didn't give it too much thought.

I was right. Someone intimately familiar with our war was goofing around with me and I list him as my emergency contact. I may reconsider. He can't be trusted.

So, if you logged onto the blog and wondered why the Taco Bell dog was in the banner; now you know. What struck me as completely ironic, was the fact that I didn't notice it until I posted about Mexican rice!

No comments: