Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sweet, sweet babies.

Remember when I used to share pictures I took on this blog. Sometimes they were ever of actual clients!

Once I launched my website, I guess I just thought of this as personal and that as "professional."
These pictures sort of fall into both categories, so allow me to show off my friend Stacey's new babies. That's right. BabiIES! As in twins!

I have a couple of friends who have twins, but one set I've never actually met. (Dear Amy P., please bring your children over to play. Thank you, Leslie.) The other set lives near Chicago. When I'm in Chicago I'm hanging out at the Lego store and eating Lou Malinati's. So, I've only seen Julia and Matthew once.

When Stacey told us she was going to have twins for us to play with, I was beyond thrilled! I knew I had nine months to convince Brandon I needed a new lens with a wider angle. I started calling it the "twins lens." I got it all right, and took it over last week to capture images of two of the sweetest ones I've ever seen.

This is Ella.
She weighs right around 4.5 lbs. I think she's up to five now, but when I held her, she weighed six pounds less than Meredith did when she was born. I have large children and come from a long line of large children, so petite, feminine Ella was a complete treat!

This is Ashton.
There is absolutely no question Ashton is a boy. We were rolling watching him scrunch up his face and will himself to roll into a more comfortable position. To really prove his manliness, Ashton fell asleep...sound asleep every time we laid him on the beanbag. Literally. Every time. It was like a tiny little man watching football on a Sunday.

I'm about to embarrass Stacey, but she is too busy feeding babies to read this anyway. I think Stacey is stunningly beautiful! She and her older daughter, Emersyn have the creamiest complexions I've ever seen. They could get work as skin care models. They both have gorgeous eyes too. What I wouldn't give!
What I didn't get during our nearly two hour shoot, were any pictures of the babies together squished into the twin-like closeness I wanted. Those little turkeys were wide awake a good portion of their shoot. So, I'm going back on Friday while my babies are in school and we're going to give my vision a second go.

Until then, this is a sweet substitute.

No comments: