Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chamber of Commerce Day

Today was one of those days where the temperature was so perfect, I had nothing to complain about. I tend to be a person of the extreme when it comes to temperature. Evidently, there’s little else I’d rather do than tell anyone willing to listen about how hot or cold I happen to think it is, because I always catch myself doing so. But, not today. Today was weather perfection.

To take advantage of the day, I took the kids to one of our favorite parks.. This park has a water feature that thankfully isn’t turned on until Memorial Day. The kids love it, and I’m all for them playing in it; provided we’re prepared. Inevitably, we stop there on a lark, and within 30 seconds of arrival, they’re both dripping head to toe. I’m always afraid I’ll be stopped on the way home and questioned about the children in the backseat wearing only their underwear. Then Chris Hansen will show up and we'll wind up on Dateline.

I had enough forethought to take along the camera and was able to get a few quick shots of the kids. Alex was in full-tilt pose mode, which makes for terribly stiff and nowhere near real pictures of him. Meredith didn’t even realize I took this, but boy oh boy does this scream, “Meredith at three.” I’m trying to capture how they are on any given day, which is seldom sitting in a chair, smiling at the camera.

We fed the ducks the last of Meredith’s peanut butter crackers and left the park for the promise of a cone from McDonald’s. Only Meredith didn’t want a cone, because, “Oh no, no, no, no. It might stain my shirt.” She had hers in a dish, while I drove with ice cream dripping down my arm and onto my pants.

We had to hustle when we got home because Alex had a soccer scrimmage. Since they don’t really keep score normally, every game is technically a scrimmage. Megan and Catey came to watch Alex’s game, so he felt like he had a cheering section. Didn’t help his game any, but still he has fans. We had to eat, and I wasn’t going to start dinner at 7:00 p.m., so we all went out for burgers. The kids were both exceptionally well behaved. It may have something to do with exhaustion.

No comments: