Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tired just thinking about it...

I started my morning with this slice of cuteness!

This blog is taking a little vacation. The kids and I are hitting the road, yet again. We’re going to my grandma’s house in far southern Illinois. While we are at her house, we are making a trip to Holiday World. Evidently, I have the only two children in Indiana who have never been. We may even meet up with some friends while we are there.

The main reason for the trip, aside from visiting my grandma who has reminded us all summer that we haven’t visited, is for childcare. The weekend I look forward to all year is here! Olney Girls’ Weekend! Woo Hoo! Normally, the children would stay home with Brandon, but our weekend is in Olney this year, which is fairly close to where my grandma lives. She was dying to keep them, and my mom agreed to come and help. I thought Brandon would be excited to have a weekend alone, but it turns out he isn’t. So, we’ll make the trip home Sunday so the poor guy can see his family.

It wouldn’t be a signature trip if I didn’t try to cram 1,000 things onto my to-do list the day before we leave.

This morning I had a portrait session with Max. Max’s mom, Melanie is a friend and she is an absolute peach! Max is the third baby in their family and Melanie was worried he wasn’t getting equal billing on the walls of their home. We took care of that! Oh, to have those eyes!!! Max is such a happy guy too. We woke him from a nap and he was a trouper.



Alex had his six year check up after that and requested lunch out with just the two of us. Every time he asks to spend time alone with me, I wonder if it’ll be the last time. I know the day will be here far too soon when Alex won’t want to be seen having lunch alone with his mom. Meredith was hanging out with Grandma Webber and when we picked her up the only way I could get her to go peacefully was to promise a trip to the pool.

While Meredith’s napping I’m editing photos and writing this. Writing is a good way to keep myself occupied while my turtle of a computer loads my photos. I need a Mac, in case Santa Claus happens to be a blog reader. (Note to Brandon, you’re considered Santa in our house.)

After Merdi wakes up and before the pool, we have to hit the grocery store for travel snacks and return our library books or face a significant fine. Our van is about 3,000 miles over due for an oil change. I can’t be blamed, our service manager forgot to reset the computer that tells me when to change it. I just assumed the sticker they put on the windshield was to be used as a point of reference. I booked that hour of fun for first thing tomorrow morning. On our way out of town, we’ll drop off the dog and stop by Costco to pick up the muffins I’m in charge of for the weekend. I’m sweating and tired just thinking about it! Check back Monday for what promises to be a very fun weekend update!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Your pictures are phenomenal. You definitely have to photograph Bo! Maybe for his one year shots??