Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Zip it, Dr. Phil!

I was making lunch yesterday with the news in the background. They ran a promo for The Dr. Phil Show and I heard Dr. Phil say, “You’re not gonna believe what feel out of this woman’s body!” Honestly, Dr. Phil.

As I was typing this I had sudden bursts of panic. A school bus has gone by twice. School doesn’t start for another four weeks. Maybe they’re running time tests or something so they can plan routes, but it makes me sweat. My stomach drops and I start mentally locating backpacks, assuming we’re late. Mind you, our school is a three minute van ride away, so even if we did miss the bus, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Ugh. I’m not ready for another year to begin.

We’re leaving for Nashville today to visit my parents. The kids are beyond excited. I’ve tripped over their suitcases for two days. I do the real packing, and they pack things they’ve outgrown and toys with parts we’re guaranteed to leave behind. So long as it keeps them off the streets.

Brandon is flying into Music City on Thursday, which happens to be our ninth anniversary. You know we've been married for awhile, because my dress has sleeves.

In an effort to wear the kiddos out for the trip, we met Dawn, Joe, and Annie at the Aquatics Center at the Monon Center in Carmel. Translation: a pool different from our own. It has a lazy river, water slides, sprinklers, etc. You need an extra set of hands, so Dawn and I worked as a team. The kids LOVED it. Meredith ran up to us several times and said, “This is GREAT!” Alex and Joe mustered the courage to go off the diving board, but they were a couple inches shy of the height restriction. Dawn and I were secretly relieved.

We ordered dinner from the concession stand, and let me tell you, it was a meal slightly off balance. Imitation nacho cheese sauce and ice cream counts as dairy, right?

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

i still like the sleeves. happy belated anniversary by the way. our ten year is coming up in september. thanks for the comments about the new site. im using david jays templates from showitfast.com, and they are doing the hosting. $39 a month and simple enough to use...im lost when it comes to html.