Saturday, December 6, 2008

Something to watch Sunday night!

If you didn't already get my obnoxious mass e-mail, I wanted to make you aware of a movie you really shouldn't miss. It airs on CBS Sunday night, December 7th at 9 pm EST. The movie is called "Front of the Class," and it's the life story of Brad Cohen.

(Here's a picture of Brad that I "borrowed" from his website! I'll ask for forgiveness later.)I met Brad during our years Bradley University and can tell you he's an incredibly nice guy with a huge heart, but there's a lot more to his story....

Brad is an award winning teacher and public speaker, who happens to have Tourettes Syndrome. As you can imagine, growing up with an affliction like Tourettes made life anything but easy, and his quest to become a teacher, was even more of a challenge. Brad wrote a book about his experiences, which he shared on Oprah, and Hallmark Hall of Fame has chosen to make his story into a movie.

I'm a new junkie, but lately I've had to curtail my viewing habits. Otherwise, I want to eat another row of Oreos...or a third of a pan of Rice Krispie treats. So, Brad's movie will be a welcome break from bad news. I plan to grab a glass of wine and hit the couch Sunday night. Please don't call me. I'll be watching "Front of the Class," and you should too. The last link is a video that features the real Brad, if you want to check it out!

No comments: