Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Yes, that's the same "champagne" we've been drinking since our Bradley days. Why bother with perfection...at $10/bottle?!

Hope you all had a fun and safe night welcoming in another year.

Brandon and I had a great time in Chicago, and we were asleep before the ball dropped. I think that's the first time I've not made it to midnight since 5th grade. We had dinner at a new "coastal Italian" restaurant; "Prosecco."

They've only been open a month, so it was newer than we thought and better than we expected. "Coastal" is apparently Italian for seafood and cream. The meal took us 2.5 hours to eat and I probably ate somewhere in the neighborhood of my Weight Watchers point allowance for the year. That didn't stop me from cramming a Portillo's http://www.portillos.com/portillos/ hot dog into my mouth before we made it home.

I'm off to watch the Fighting Illini beat USC in the Rose Bowl! I may be a Hoosier captive, but I can still sing Illinois' fight song by heart. Just ask Brandon, I sang it for him in the car, much to his delight.

No comments: