Friday, January 8, 2010

Can we move on please?

Someone needs to let the Webbers know Christmas was over two weeks ago.

Brandon continues to turn on our outside lights. He has a myriad of excuses:

  • "It's acceptable to leave them on to celebrate the New Year."
  • "The neighbor six doors down (the one he normally makes fun of) still has his on."
  • "We haven't seen them in the snow!"
Meredith is still walking around singing, "Jingle Bells, I'm not here, I am at the mall, buying lots of gifts for you, but thank you for your call." Good thing she absorbed all my lessons about the true meaning of Christmas.

Alex seems to be on an extended holiday break of some sort. It isn't all that important to study for the spelling test, "Relax, it's the first one of the year. I'm sure she'll grade it easily." Really?

Our tree...our damn 12' tree is still fully decorated and mocking me from the living room. The fire once blazing through Brandon's hair is gone. After the other five trees came down, he lost motivation. Who wouldn't? It's coming down tomorrow or I'm sending it through the wood chipper. Yes, it's artificial. No, I don't care.

Rolly appears to have over-indulged on something that had wheat in it. It may be a peanut butter treat the kids and I bought him. If I haven't mentioned it before we have a Wheaten Terrier who happens to be allergic to wheat. Ironic, isn't it? He's quarantined to the tile of the kitchen and is thoroughly annoyed. He's still wearing a Christmas sweater because an unfortunate groom left him nearly bald. I can't find his regular sweater, so red and green it is. Might as well be.

I have a feeling tomorrow may be the day I snap. To be fair, someone should probably warn my family.

A week ago, I was here:

It felt less like Christmas.

No comments: