Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jo Frost where are you?

I need Super Nanny. Not just because my children are obnoxious little back-chatters, but I need her personally. You know how she creates a family schedule, writes it on a big piece of poster board, and slaps it to the wall, usually somewhere unsightly? I need someone to do that for me.
I'm a sloth if I don't have a set schedule of events. I can't be trusted to get showered, get ready, and carry on with my day if I don't have an appointment breathing down my neck. Maybe instead of Super Nanny, I just need to grow up.

Case in point; I didn't shower before 2:00 p.m. either day this weekend.

My friend Amanda was picking me up at 3:00 Saturday afternoon so I could help her select some camera gear. She even called at 2:00 and I said I'd be ready right away. I hadn't showered. Did I jump right into the shower? No, I got sucked into an episode of "Jersey Shore" on MTV.
The "Brain Trust of MTV"


This is wrong for a number of reasons, not the least of which I'm 15 years too old for the network. I couldn't help myself. Brian Williams mentioned it on The Jay Leno Show, so I had to see what it was. I wish I hadn't looked, but I will say the best diatribe of the 15 minutes I witnessed was, "Get her out of here! What we're you thinking bringing that white trash here. Someone get a dumpster! She doesn't even look Italian!" Where else can I find such highbrow entertainment?


Amanda had to hang out with the squabble twins for a few minutes while I slapped on my mineral veil and we headed out the door. We found her some incredible gear and I'm excited to help her learn and watch her grow. I'm not saying any of this because she's a regular reader, I promise. She has a great eye, is eager to learn, and will be a smashing success!


Sunday I intended to get the laundry caught up and get ready for Maria, but Meredith and I fell asleep watching Shreck and once again I wasn't ready to leave the house before 3:00 p.m. We ran a few errands. Alex needed new tennis shoes and I should really buy a 2010 calendar. (Then I can schedule some appointments.) I can't find one I like. I blame it on living in Indiana. It's either quilts, cats, or barns; or God help me, a combination of ALL THREE. Maybe I shouldn't wait to purchase on until they are on clearance?!?!?

1 comment:

Sara Alexander said...

Do the "cats" calendars come free with Christmas sweaters? ;)