Saturday, January 9, 2010

I will still need dental insurance...


Among the things Meredith received for Christmas was a giant beading kit. I groaned because generally that means I'll hear the familiar sound of plastic beads spilling and rolling across the tile floor. The thrill of the bead kit normally lasts slightly longer than the amount of time it takes to pry off the lid.
Thursday morning I left early to shoot some stuff for "the paper." I was shooting at "the athletic" club of Noblesville, and that's a post in and of itself. Anyway, Brandon was home and could watch Meredith. He told me they were going to make bracelets. I wondered if he had been hitting the bottle a little early in the day. Low and behold by the time I returned home, they had a case full of creations.

Meredith's were remarkably good. Her patterns were perfect and the color combinations and jeweled spacers blew me away. I told her how great they were and she told me she changed vocational aspirations. Dental school has taken a backseat to her new plan of becoming a designer. Specifically, a jewelry designer. I told her I wasn't surprised and she'd be really great because she has really great taste.

Meredith licked her arm and said, "What are you talking about.?! I just taste normal." She added, "I'm not a lollipop." for comedic impact.

Good bye, Meredith Webber, DDS. It was fun to dream.

No comments: