Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Changes, they're a comin'

Meredith is on day two of a fever and general achi-ness. I'm much better equiped for dealing with this type of virus than I am of the stomach variety. As a result, we haven't left the house much in two days. We may be starting to loose it.

When Alex came home from school today, he ate half the kitchen and then got out his Bendaroos, a.k.a Wiki Stix. He asked for them several times for Christmas and Santa delivered. These are right up Alex's alley. He loves to create, especially with his hands. He also loves instant gratification and these charmers provide just that. I think they're borderline genius and once again, wish I'd thought of them.

I expected a lot of this:
Not all that complicated, yet still creative despite it's monochromatic appearance.

What I didn't expect was this:


Way to go Gator! He followed directions and it looks exactly like the one on the box; which is completely necessary to prevent a meltdown. Also, this is so much better than the mouse we had in our house last winter. Let's hope he doesn't call any friends.

I'm also in the process of switching this blog over to Wordpress. In fact, if you go there now you can see the Beta version. It's a big jump because I'll pretty much be forced to throw open the doors to the public. I'm worried about two things:
1.) The safety of our kids.
2.) My images.
I want to do some testing to see just how easy it is to lift images. If you have a minute, jump over there and try right clicking on images. Let me know if it allows you to save them, and you dear friends are welcome to print them for your wallets. It's the child predators with whom I do not wish to share.

1 comment:

michelleb said...

Hi Leslie!

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to save Alex's picture w/mouse and your family picture that runs along the top of your blog to my computer - and print them out if I wished. Food for thought!