Monday, April 14, 2008

And I was worried about the sand!


While on vacation, I made a few discoveries. 1.) I want a 1,200 square foot condo with tile throughout. (On the beach wouldn’t hurt.) It took me less than 45 minutes to clean the place top to bottom. Of course we’d have to eliminate 90% of what we currently own, and that sounds even more appealing. 2.) No matter how much laundry you do on vacation, you still wind up doing eight loads when you get home.

I spent all day yesterday unpacking and doing load after load of laundry. I’m notoriously slow at unpacking. Brandon is always unpacked within an hour of coming home. I’ve been known to fish socks out of the suitcase two weeks after a vacation. So, I made a vow to Brandon and myself that I would unpack three suitcases and put everything in its place before the day was over. I did, and while I was occupied, the kids reacquainted themselves with their toys by getting them all out at once. Another day, another pile.

Alex had a dentist appointment today, where they reaffirmed the horror that he will likely have two sets of teeth for awhile. Apparently, his mouth is really crowded, and for whatever reason this prevents his baby teeth from falling out to make room for his permanent teeth. The big teeth and the little teeth will coexist one behind the other until the baby teeth fall out. Great. I suppose this is what we get for giving him “The Gator” as a nickname.

By the way, the above photo seems to be immensly popular with everyone who has thumbed through our vacation album. I'm including it for those of you whom haven't seen it. I hope I don't wind up under federal investigation.

No comments: