Monday, April 21, 2008

Wedding Weekend

I’m finding it hard to get my act together today. We are all exhausted from our weekend trip to Nashville. After being rumbled out of bed on Friday, we never seemed to get caught up on our sleep. The kids woke up at 6:00 a.m. raring to go at GramPam’s Saturday morning. (The funny thing about our kids: If we put them to bed at 8:00 p.m., they get up around 6:00 a.m. If we put them to bed at 11:00 p.m., which is what happened after our long drive; they still get up at 6:00 a.m.)

I knew I had a long day of shooting ahead of me, but who was I kidding, I couldn’t sleep anyway. Brandon and I left the kids in GramPam and Trophy’s care and headed out the door at 8:00 a.m.


The wedding was lovely and it was nice to spend some girl time with Stephanie (the bride) and Sara (a.k.a. Beckman or Beaker). The three of us spent four virtually inseparable years together and now that we’re so spread out and have busy lives it’s hard to get together as often as we’d like. Everything always falls back into place quickly, and it’s so funny to see how nothing truly ever changes.

Brandon and Sara’s husband, Matt had a fun day of their own. We had no idea they were going and there where a few heated phone conversations when it looked as though they might be late to the wedding. In the end, they had fun and did a great job of entertaining themselves. Who knew?!

After the wedding and the dinner reception, Brandon and I followed Sara and Matt downtown for some fun. I remembered a little Irish Pub we went to during our Olney Girls’ weekend and we decided we’d go there. Two issues: 1.) I’m 95% sure we wound up in the wrong Irish Pub. How many can a place known for country music possibly have?! 2.) We were the oldest in the place by a decade. You know you’re too old to be somewhere when you start complaining the music is too loud. We decided to make the best of the situation and played three rousing rounds of darts. It was fun and we got home way too late! Of course, my body clock rang at 6:00 a.m. and no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t go back to sleep.

Brandon has the ability to sleep until dinner. When he woke up, we decided we’d go to The Aquarium for lunch with GramPam. If you’ve never been to one, and don’t feel like following the link, it’s an underwater themed restaurant with an enormous salt water take in the middle. My mom and Brandon both got seafood. I have a hard time eating fish while I’m watching them swim by.

After lunch we hit the road for the five hour trip home. Either we’re starting to accept long car trips, or the kids’ long naps helped, but Alex commented, “It seemed like a two second drive.”

I have literally thousands of images to sort through from the wedding. The majority will require little editing, but once I get started making adjustments here and there, I become engrossed! I’ll leave you with a couple of pictures from Stephanie’s big day. Congratulations, Mrs. Tate!


1 comment:

StephTate said...

It looks like in the first picture that my boobs came to the wedding but not the dress! NICE! Thanks for all the great pictures! It was so nice to see you and spend some quality time with you!