Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Big Yellow Bus

The boy is all arms and legs.
Alex is officially a first grader. The bus scooped him up this morning and he was very anxious to be on his way. The bus comes at 7:55 and he was on our front steps at 7:30. See if this reminds you of anyone...Before Alex left, he spent five minutes pinning an American flag lapel pin to his backpack. Bless his tiny, patriotic soul.

I let him burn off nervous energy by doing laps around the driveway on his scooter. Meredith wants to do everything Alex does, so out came his old Spiderman scooter. I didn’t want him to have helmet hair, so I let him ride around sans helmet, while he questioned my parenting skills.

Meredith was tooling around and Alex swooped in to tell her how she might improve her form.
I don’t know how Merdi is going to make it through the day without her brother’s unsolicited advice.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Aww... that backpack is as big as he is! What a cutie.

I'm anxious to read the adventures (aka trouble) that you and Meredith will experience while Alex is in school all day! :)

Jill C. said...

Congratulations Alex on your first day of First Grade! Oh, the things you will learn!

Les, I too want Dara Torres abs! As I watch the Olympics, my unborn baby girl thinks she is the next Shawn Johnson!

Have a great week! :) Jill

Anonymous said...

Typical big brother with his advice, which looks really sweet in the pics. Hopefully Meredith can function OK on her own - ha! :) I'm sure this will be my kids in a couple of years.

Jenny
My Website - Shutterbug Designs