Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's a gift

Girls’ Weekend is about reconnecting with our friends and taking a short break from our caretaking rolls. In thinking about this group of friends it dawned on me that all of us have jobs that involve nurturing or taking care of others. Between the seven of us there is a teacher, a SAHM, two different types of therapists, two women who work in the medical community, and no one will argue how much comfort Jill’s restaurant brings.

Of course the greatest amount of our caretaking is spent on our families. What do we talk about most when we’re on hiatus?! (Aside from all the random tid-bits we’ve heard about all the people we grew up knowing.) Our little ones.

We try to get our children together as much as possible, but since we’re all somewhat spread out and our summer schedules are jam-packed, it’s difficult. Fortunately for us, Nancy forgot a pair of shoes at the cabin and came back with her son and daughter. I grabbed my camera and coerced them all onto the porch for a quick couple of shots before they headed back to St. Louis. I couldn’t help myself! Those eyes!

As I mentioned yesterday, my children and I stopped by Sommer’s parents’ on the way out of town. I’m so glad we did, because I was able to get a couple of shots of Sommer’s chicks too. I cannot believe how much her son looks like his dad in this picture.

I wish I had a picture of him to prove it, but you’ll just have to take my word for it. Sommer’s daughter was IN LOVE with my lens and probably would have posed for me all day, if we had had the time. SO CUTE! My kids always run away screaming, so it was a treat.

Jill, I think your boys are the only ones I have left to capture. Next time we’re together, it’s going to happen! Robyn, it won’t be long before I can take pictures of your new precious little one.

What a gift it is to be able to watch these women whom I’ve known most of my life in their roles as Mom. For those of you not quite there yet, your day will come and you’ll be pushing my lens out of your face before you know it.

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

Awesome new stuff on here Leslie. Thanks for the comments on my recent work. I just started shooting my way and my vision and its paid off.