Sunday, August 10, 2008

I don’t remember it ever being comfortable in mid-August in Indiana. We’ve had so many beautiful days in a row. I wish I could tell you we’ve spent them all out hiking and biking, but you would know I was lying.

Saturday morning the kids and I were out of the house by 7:45. Evidently, I promised them a trip to Dunkin Donuts for accomplishing something I don’t remember. I wanted a latte, so I didn’t argue. After that we hit the Farmer’s Market. The market is one of my favorite things about summer. It’s as much about the atmosphere and the people- watching as it is about the produce. We buy the same four things every week. Corn from these people, salsa from this lady, a cantaloupe from a kid in a Kansas Jayhawks t-shirt-- which I’m not sure gets washed all summer, and a bag of kettle corn. I always think about lingering and trying the goat cheese, but I have a thing about samples and germs. I also wonder if it’s pasteurized.


We celebrated the third birthday of our sweet friend Emersyn Saturday evening. Her parents threw a very fun backyard bash! All of Meredith’s little girlfriends were there, so she was in her element. We have to constantly remind her a good friend isn’t bossy, doesn’t shout at people, and shares. I forgot to remind her not to sit in the birthday girl’s chair and beg for “a huge piece of cake with the butterfly on it!”

Sunday I spent the majority of the day with my new best friend, the Shark Steam Mop. I’ve been battling my tile kitchen floor since the day we moved in. I can spend the afternoon on my hands and knees and still have grey socks the first time I walk across it. I don’t get it. I’ve tried everything from Murphy’s Oil Soap to vinegar, and I finally bit the bullet and bought the Shark. I read mixed reviews on-line, but a lady at Costco saw me eyeing it and gave me her testimonial on the spot. As I’ve mentioned, I’m easily influenced. It is great! Thanks lady at Costco! I used it on my hardwoods too and they are squeaky clean. So please by all means, drop by unexpectedly while the phenomenon lasts. Hurry.

Meredith and I did sit outside for awhile, but the boys suggested we go inside as they were knocking down a yellow jackets’ nest and warned us we would be easy targets. There was also a “confirmed mole sighting,” which I found odd because I thought moles were nocturnal. My suspicions are also raised because Brandon and Alex claim to have seen it run around the yard and under our deck. Aren’t moles blind? How could it see to run for cover under our deck. I didn’t ask many questions because I’m afraid it’s something worse than a mole and they don’t want to tell me. I don’t want to know.

2 comments:

Penny Pickles said...

i have wanted the steam mop -i've been nervous because i've had a bad experience with a shark vacuum. i am happy to finally know someone who has one- i want squeaky clean floors with out being on my hands and knees.

Mary K Kocher said...

The shark steam mop is the next best
thing to a Dairy Queen blizzard!!
Just purchased one at Sam's club on
Thursday and have used it twice already. Run girls run--well-worth
the money and no cleaning supplies
are used. They are truly squeaky
clean and leaves no residue.

Mary K