Thursday, August 14, 2008


If you were expecting a detailed account of Alex’s first day of school, you must not know Alex very well. All I could get out of him was there were two recesses instead of one, the teacher read a book he’s already heard, and he chose chicken nuggets for lunch. This was all I could get after a three hour open-ended question interrogation. I challenged him to come home tonight with the names of three new friends. I’m not going to hold my breath.

The world was concerned about Meredith and how she would adjust to being without her brother. In a word…fine. We played outside and were able to have real conversation at lunch. Normally I referee between bites.

Meredith did pull quite a stunt last night. I put both kids to bed and came downstairs to start the dishwasher, throw in a load of laundry, and edit photos. I closed up shop early and went upstairs to watch the Olympics around 9:45. Who did I find on the couch watching Noggin?! All it took was for me to say, “What do you think you’re doing?!” Merdi burst into tears, headed for her room, and sobbed herself to sleep. I only hope it’s that easy when I catch her doing stuff she shouldn’t be doing in her later years.

Today, I’m off to shoot more stuff for my friend Annie, of Penny Pickles Art. If you haven’t checked out her site, you’ve really, really should. Her canvases are so sweet and the woman oozes creativity, so I can only imagine what she cooks up for custom pieces. Wait, maybe you should wait until after I reshoot her collection. Either way, pop over and do something nice for your walls.

1 comment:

Penny Pickles said...

You are too kind!! Feel free to pimp me and my art out ANYTIME. I am so grateful for your help and can't wait to see how the latest pic's turned out. Somebody big was definitely on our side with the sun coming out for a brief, but perfect period of time. Thanks again- here's hoping for a quiet afternoon!

oxoxo-Annie