Sunday, September 14, 2008

Colts Win!

I "borrowed" this picture from the Colts website. I don't have that great of a lens, and I've never been to a game. The picture is also a link, so Amanda if you need a Colts fix, here it is.

Are you kidding me?! Did anyone else see the ending of the Colts/Vikings game?! Jill, please tell Scott I am so, so sorry. Seriously, I cringed for him. Like a bad fan, I took a nap with Meredith during the second half. I loose interest when our team starts to loose. I’m loyal that way. Holy cow was it an exciting last minute and 42 seconds!

It feels like we’re about to get blown off the map with the remnants of Ike. At least that’s where Alex told me the wind is coming from. I believe him. He knows more about things than I do. He does not however know how to read completely.

We were discussing what Alex had to eat for lunch at school last week.---Hey, I’ll take whatever details about his day he’s willing to share. Alex’s teacher has the children choose from three options at the beginning of the day: “Hot,” “PB&J,” or “Salad.” He told me he often goes for the PB&J or the yogurt meal if he doesn’t get the Chef’s salad. I said, “Don’t you get tired of that? You know I will make you a lunch anytime you want.” He said, “Well, the hot lunch is always a mystery and I’ve had a couple bad experiences with that choice.” I laughed out loud and asked him what he meant. Bless his heart, he said, “I can’t read well enough to always know what the hot meal is.” It was one of those mom moments when I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. It didn’t seem to bother him and it was funny, but it just killed me to think how it must feel to stand there and not be able to read the lunch selection.

You would think situations like that would serve as motivation for Alex to practice and hone his reading skills. You would be wrong. Alex would do 115 math sheets before he would sound out three words.

As for our weekend: Friday night we went to our favorite BBQ place. I always forget how good it is. Saturday we had a soccer game. It was 88 degrees and impossibly humid. We sizzled during the game, but really started to sweat when Alex played goalie. It went better than expected.

Saturday evening Brandon grilled and the kids played in the pirate pool I bought at Kroger in the clearance bin. It is a blow up pool that is shaped like a pirate ship. It has a sign on it’s side proclaiming the ship, “The Scurvy Dog.” I guess if you want to scare other pirates away you give them the impression your ship is full of disease. Then again, is scurvy contagious? I thought you were only prone to it if you didn’t eat enough citrus. This is why I don’t have room in my brain for math.

1 comment:

Penny Pickles said...

Hilarious - mental note no swimming at the Webber's any more! OMG that Colts game was a killer, but I was doning my full garb, including my necklace and yes we were THAT family at Perkins pre-game on Sunday. It was a killer, but we WON - take that Vikes!!! I like to think it had something to do with my new horseshoe - thanks again!