Thursday, September 18, 2008

A pumpkin with flair

In a ploy to avoid deep cleaning our living room, I decided to put out a few Fall and Halloween decorations. I got out a few pumpkins and a wreath or two. Meredith pulled out all sort of odd decorations I’m embarrassed to admit I once displayed with great pride. As most of you know, we go overboard on Christmas decorating and the kids have their own trees. They don’t understand why other “holidays” don’t get the same respect. So, they both insisted on having these little battery operated light-up jack-o-lanterns in their rooms.

Alex plopped his on the dresser and made it his job to make sure the pumpkins both had fresh batteries. Meredith took it upon herself to make her pumpkin match her décor and sense of style.

Today was a hectic day. I dropped off Merdi at school and ran errands ALL DAY. I mean that. My rear was in the driver’s seat until I picked up Meredith. After school, Joe and Annie came over to play for awhile and that made the kids’ day. We’ve been outside as much as possible because I know it won’t be long before our backyard is barren and I get wind burned while getting the mail.

I’m getting ready to head to Seattle to visit my dear friend Michelle, who is perhaps one of the sweetest women I know. Michelle recently lost her father, so our friend Sarah (Sarah with an “H,” not Beckman-Alexander) and I are going out for a visit. It will be a bittersweet trip. There’s little that bothers me more than not being able to physically be with a friend in need, so I’m anxious to hug her! Rumor has it there is a winery tour planned for Sunday, so I’m really excited! You know how I found out about the tour??? Facebook!

No comments: