Monday, September 8, 2008

Hot Air


We spent our weekend on the soccer field. One would think this entry would share at least one soccer picture. It was too sunny to shoot and sometimes I’m just too lazy to cart my ginormous camera bag around. I’ll have to wait for the perfect overcast day before I drag it along. It’s hard to shoot through sunglasses. Plus, and don’t tell Alex this…you’ve seen one of my soccer shots, you’ve seen them all. Oh, an ambulance did drive out onto one of the fields. That’s something. I wished for my zoom lens so I could see what was going on. Maybe I should get a scanner!

Of course I got a sunburn during Saturday’s game. My body looks just like a sewing pattern. It’s ridiculous. Nothing a little aloe won’t help. I made sure to better protect myself for Sunday’s game and with any luck, I won’t look like a piece of leather.

Between soccer games, we went to the Farmer’s Market and Brandon grilled all weekend. I am ready for Fall, but I will really miss the grill. The food and the fact that Brandon doesn’t allow me anywhere near it.

Brandon and I watched “21,” a based-on-a-true story movie about a group of MIT kids who counted cards in Vegas. It was a really good movie. Here’s the amazing part, well there are two actually. 1.) I made it all the way through the movie without falling asleep. 2.) It involved math and I was able to follow the plot. Sunday night, we watched the Colts game. Ugh. Well, at least they lost to my original favorite team. It wasn’t pretty.

I hosted a Moms in Touch group at our house this morning. I felt so bad because I had to rush everyone out the door by 10:30, so Meredith could make it to her ballet class. Wow! What a difference a year of experience makes. The girls all jumped right in and followed their very animated teacher from the word go. I never get tired of watching Meredith through the two-way mirror. I miss seeing Angie and everyone’s favorite ballet dad, Scott.

Oh, Napa Ehnes should not read this post. (That’s funny to two…maybe three people reading this.) I’m amazed at how many hot air balloons tend to float around our neck of the woods. When Brandon and I moved into our first house, I got so excited anytime I saw on. Once, they even came low enough to wave to Baby Alex. Now, it’s sort of routine. I happened to have the camera handy last night when one we see almost nightly floated by. Once, this very balloon landed in our neighbors’ backyard. For awhile, I had Meredith convinced our neighborhood had hot air balloons instead of school buses. It worked until her brother started taking one.

Forgive the over-editing on this one. I was in a Wizard of Oz kind of mood.

No comments: