Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Facebook will be the death of me!

These two are entirely responsible for my demise!

I realize I’m a little late to the party, but at Sara’s suggestion, who was conned into joining by Stephanie, I joined Facebook. I’ve officially given up hope for a spotless house. I was very reluctant to join because frankly I felt silly and too old. I once joined MySpace and had a page for all of an hour. I felt like a predator.

So, when Sara suggested Facebook, I balked. Sara then told me about several of our friends from BU who had pages and I started to reconsider. Sara is in sales and is very good at her job. I caved, created a profile and lost several hours over the course of the weekend.

You all know how much I love pictures. I love pictures of people I know and don’t get a chance to see all that often even more! Facebook allows you to upload pictures to a little album and most of my friends have filled them with fun pictures of their families.

I’ve been in touch with people I haven’t heard from in years and I’ve had an account for four days. I’m even having lunch next week with a friend I grew up with, and we’re meeting right by our house! How fun!

If a few more people join from my high school graduating class, I see no reason to ever attend a reunion. I can see their families, read little snippets about them, and won’t get stuck by the bar in an awkward conversation with no end.

Don’t worry Brandon, I did get all the laundry done today and managed to plant the GIANT mums we bought at Costco. Meredith and I also cleaned the bonus room. See, I’m a great multi-tasker!

I put Merdi down for her nap and after an hour, she announced she was finished with her nap. Meredith loves her nap, so I was a little surprised. I told her since she was up she could help me clean the toy room. She was suddenly exhausted and slept for another hour.

We have our first Cub Scout meeting tonight and I wish I was more excited. I just loathe the thought of not getting home until 8:00 and still having to do baths and bed. I’m a creature of habit and really don’t like to throw off our nightly routine. Blurg!

No comments: