Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I miss sitcoms and news magazines

I’m going to have to stop watching TV. People sometimes ask me if I get lonely with Brandon traveling so much. I am pretty independent and even enjoy time alone, so it’s not really that big of a deal. I also have my television routines to keep me company. I watch a lot of TLC, The Learning Channel. I guess I love to learn. Who knew?!

Last night, I fell asleep to the show about the Duggar family. They’re the people with 17 kids and one on the way. I’m fascinated by other people’s lives in general and this family just has more people for me to study. I was watching their show, when a commercial for some weird medical show came on and showed a man known as “The Tree Man.”

This poor soul has some horrific disease that basically turned his body into something that looks exactly like a tree. DO NOT LOOK AT THIS LINK IF YOU ARE SQUIMISH! I couldn’t look and I couldn’t look away. It apparently made a big impact on me, because I worried about The Tree Man all night. I dreamt about him. I woke up at 4:42 am out of concern. I did a little research, and hooray some American doctor “cured” him with of all things, a huge dose of Vitamin A. Cured is a relative term, but the man looks a heck of a lot better. I hope I can get his bark covered appendages out of my mind. Seriously, he was ALL I could think about this morning. I thought I might finally be forced to get psychiatric help.

Just when I thought I could turn on my television again, I heard Oprah and Lisa Ling announcing that I need to know how the animals that become my food are treated. Really? I don’t need this.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I love Mondays. I DVR Jon & Kate, Little People and the Duggers! TLC is my favorite :-)

Sara Alexander said...

DUDE! That is disgusting! Too bad I couldn't stop looking! Blech!

Unknown said...

So he had nerves in all those strange finger-branches? Wow. I really don't think it's gross--I think it's so sad.
Also--how did he father that daughter? Ok? Slight "ewww".