Monday, October 6, 2008

Why Alex will be sent to Barbazon

Remember the post when I mentioned I was not expecting much out of Alex’s school pictures? I mentioned he always looks really uncomfortable and how I’d coached him on a relaxed, natural smile. Well, the pictures came home last week…

While I’m not a fan of backgrounds, I also know they have their purpose, like for example, a school yearbook picture. So, it’s not that I’m opposed to a posed picture in front of a background. I just know how my son’s picture will turn out, even before he sits on the spinning stool. I opened the package and was instantly reminded why I normally order the bare minimum.
Now, Brandon gave me a really hard time and told me to stop snickering, rolling my eyes, and giving Alex the business for once again looking strange in a school picture. I didn’t behave badly in front of Alex, it was all behind his back, like a good mother. Brandon said, “You’re overreacting.” (I’m going to have a shirt made for Brandon that says just that, because it will save him the 2.5 words he says to me about most situations.) “It’s not that bad. He smiled. That’s his smile.” Hogwash, I’ve seen his cute little smooshed-cheeks smiles and they’re much cuter.
Brandon had a point, because the soccer pictures arrived this weekend…

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Good thing Alex has a Mommy who is a great photographer and can capture the real little boy!!

Your pictures are about a million times better than either of these!!

Penny Pickles said...

oh leslie, I am crying that soccer picture is hilarious - i say this because i know that alex is a doll and that picture IS ridiculous! the school picture is pretty squirrelly - but that soccer picture wins hands down. i'm going to go back and look at it again- it is a riot!

Sara Alexander said...

I think I peed myself a little at the soccer pic!

Unknown said...

I just wet my pants.

Unknown said...

I just wet my pants.