Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Not only am I thankful that Tinkerbell cooperated and landed in Meredith’s hands, I am thankful this picture turned out at all. 20 seconds earlier, Meredith was unwilling to pose for any pictures. She was getting blotchy and refused to look at the camera, much less smile. The sweet Disney woman taking the picture turned Merdi’s mood around on a dime when she asked her to hold out her hands and she would see if she could get Tinkerbell to land. It was like someone flipped a switch. Hands out. Big smile. Posing just as she was asked.

The woman snapped the picture and put a special pin in Merdi’s hand. She was so thrilled with the pin, she didn’t realize she missed Tinkerbell’s landing all together.
I had an idea Tinkerbell would make an appearance in the finished product, and I was so thankful to the woman for taking the time to fix a picture for us. Instead of screaming and blotchy, we have posed and slightly dorky, but Meredith thinks it’s “the best famiwy picsha evah!”

In the current economy and with friends and family facing health crisis and other sadness, I’m making more of an effort to count my blessings even if they are as small as a picture of a fun family memory. I’m trying to focus on what we do have. I’m complaining less about living in Indiana and rejoicing more for the life we’ve built here. Brandon has a great job, we have a wonderful home to live in, cars to drive and plenty of food to eat. Most of all we have dear friends who are much more like family. I’m keenly aware that with our economy on very shaky ground, I can’t afford to take any of this for granted. So, for now I’m thankful for what we have today.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading! I’m thankful for an outlet for my neurosis about the sorry state of the world, making it to soccer on time, and laundry. Thank you for checking in!

No comments: