Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I will survive!

It’s a good thing we have unlimited long-distance service. I have a crook in my neck from holding the phone to my shoulder with my cheek while doing dishes, folding laundry, tying shoes…People want to talk about the election. I’ve decided to take the approach that I won’t waste time worrying about things I can’t control. I’m most definitely in a funk, but I’m not planning a move or making Kool-Aid.

In order to offset some of my jitters, my sweet friend Annie invited us over for pizza and returns last night. We watched a few of the early returns come in and we left in time to get all those too young to vote tucked into bed. It was pretty easy to be distracted and remember what is truly important to me, when I was watching this little cutie splash around the bathtub.
Then again, maybe that’s part of the reason I am so disappointed in the election results. As a good (and obviously brilliant) friend said last night, our kids may not get to enjoy the same kind of lives we lived.

Wait, I vowed not to worry about things I can’t control, did I not?!

I’m so far behind on housework; it’s as scary as a Democrat majority. I still have suitcases in my kitchen and they must be moved today. I’ve also got loads of photos to edit from three weekend shoots. Poor Meredith is becoming far too familiar with PBS Kids. Clearly, I don’t have time to be sitting on my can in front of the computer, but I wanted to assure everyone I haven’t headed for the hills! Hey, after all I still have My Man Mitch.

3 comments:

Penny Pickles said...

okay so the bath pic is ADORABLE! we had such a good time with you guys and couldn't imagine having such great political banter with anyone else! thanks again for coming over - so when are we moving to our island?

Jill C. said...

I agree with Annie, the bath picture is precious!! You will survive the outcome of this election! One option to think about, my father-in-law will provide the food on your island. He vows to close his restaurant if Obama gets into his pocket!! See you guys this Saturday!

A. Reed said...

too cute