Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ballet Day


If I’d known how tired I would be by the end of today, I might have chosen to stay in bed this morning. We were out of the house by 8:15 to take Alex to Man Camp. We’ve streamlined our bug spray and sunscreen routine, but we were still running a little late. Mainly because I had to slick Meredith’s hair into a bun and her curls take awhile to tame. We met up with Dawn and Annie as they dropped of Joe and we made a stop for bagels on our way to dress rehearsal for the girls.

The dress rehearsal was fun, but long and tiring. I’ve been a little annoyed because we aren’t allowed to take pictures or video during the actual recital. That’s a little like cutting off my arm. I have to say after watching through my lens today, I think I will appreciate the chance to just take it all in instead of worrying about camera settings.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen so much pink in one room. It sounds nauseating, but it was really very cute. I wanted to run on stage and squish their cheeks. To the amazement of the moms, the girls actually did their routines…or at least made an earnest effort.

Because I keep the schedule of a preschooler, I was starving by 11:30 and the rehearsal wasn’t over until 12:00. I know; 30 minutes, but when I’m hungry, watch out. Angie and I took Kate and Meredith to lunch and I inhaled my meal. The girls were dying to go into the play area, but some kid stepped on a tack in there and we were able to scare the eagerness right out of them.

When we picked up Alex at camp, he was dog tired. He was beat read and said his head was splitting. After seeing and hearing all the other hooligans, I’m not surprised. He had a huge water, ate a bowl of blueberries, and announced, “That did the trick.” He’s lounging on the couch and is too tired to eat “hot meatloaf.” He wants a turkey sandwich. Twist my arm.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is a lot of pink! Meredith looks so sad in the picture but it is awful cute!! :)