Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I haven’t written much this week, because there isn’t much to tell. Then again, if you are in search of news this probably isn’t the first place you turn.

As I’ve mentioned, this is Vacation Bible School week. Meredith is technically too young for VBS. Because I’m a volunteer, she gets to attend the three year old class that is set up for the children of volunteers. So, while I’ve not exactly relished my time in the nursery changing diapers of children I don’t know, I would…well, change diapers of children I don’t know, if it meant Meredith got to attend her class. She absolutely loves it and is most excited about her T-shirt. I’m not all that enthusiastic about their t-shirts, because they are supposed to wear them every day. This means I’m washing a load of little blue t-shirts every night.

Anyway, our mornings are occupied with crafts, snacks, and funky songs about “Our Friend Jesus,” so we’ve had to reschedule our pool time. I want to take the kids swimming as often as the weather permits, so we’ve sacrificed a few nap times this week. By 7:00 p.m. we are a surly household. Both kids are comatose by 8:15; which leaves me time to wash the shirts.

Oh, here’s a good one…Alex has completely marred his face. You know those weird rubber-half-circle-type things that you can squish onto a flat surface and just when you least expect it, they pop up and hit you in the face? For unknown reasons, Alex stuck one to his forehead repeatedly. I warned him it was going to happen, but he was still stunned to look in the mirror and see a suction bruise. For an encore, he sucked a Gatorade bottle around his top lip today and got the same result. I’d take a picture of him, but he’s smart enough to know where it would end up.

No comments: