Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This is supposed to be our slow-going week. The only true commitment we have is Alex’s tennis camp. It’s an early morning, half hour commitment, so not huge on the scale. I was looking forward to some much needed down time. I should know better.

We were out of the house by 7:30 a.m. for tennis and home making dinner for a friend by 8:30 a.m. I LOVE getting my day on track early, so while this may sound a little nutty to some, it’s heaven to me.

I was making dinner to take to my friend Amy, who recently became a mom for the third time to Benjamin. This little sweetheart will be three weeks old on Thursday and is such a doll. He LOVES to be held and I have a more than willing set of arms. The kids really enjoyed seeing him too. Amy is doing beautifully and is such a good mom. I’m not sure I could handle three, so I’m always amazed at women who do it with aplomb. Amy even sent a loaf of her homemade strawberry bread with us! (We ate it in the car on the way home…with our hands…like street dwellers.) Come on, isn’t she supposed to be disorganized and exhausted?!

Amy lives on the other side of Indy from us, and it’s a bit of a haul. The kids were tired, but I insisted on dragging them to a furniture store to look at a kitchen table I’m considering. It is amazing how well behaved they are if I dangle a carrot, like a trip to the pool. Aside from lounging on couches they shouldn’t, and Alex’s constant announcements of prices and what he could and could not personally afford to purchase, they were angels.

I took the kids to the pool as promised and we splashed around for an hour. It’s amazing to me to watch Alex in the pool this year. This time last year, he clung to the pool side and was even afraid to paddle around in water wings. That was until I forced him into swimming lessons with our lifeguard. This year, he’s a different kid! It’s fun to see how much his confidence has grown.


Meredith, just likes to make a point of looking good at the pool. She gets this from her Aunt Jenn.

No comments: