Tuesday, February 5, 2008


Believe it or not, no wind machine was used in shooting this photo.

This picture has little to do with anything. Come to think of it, very little has gone on in our house the past couple of days. Alex loves the music from High School Musical 2. He's never actually watched the entire movie, but claims to know all about it. The music, though he does know. Alex was playing bits of the soundtrack he found on-line and Meredith was more than happy to be a part of his show.

We had more storms last night and at 4:00 am, I woke up startled to see Alex standing next to me. The storm was loud and had gone on for what seemed like hours. It's very rare that either of our kids asks to climb into bed with us, but Alex did. He curled up right next to me, and there he slept, so I knew he was truly afraid.

Meredith made an appearance an hour later, and I started to hoist her into bed too. She said, "No Mommy! I don't want a boost! I have my own bed! I'm just inside out and need your help." "Inside out" means her blanket sleeper is askew after a trip to the bathroom. I helped her get reconfigured and she trotted back to bed, oblivious to the storms.

Before the storms hit last night, we were eating dinner. Our conversation turned to Alex's future. He's really interested in jobs, and making money. He can't believe I gave up a salary to stay home, and can't understand why it's more important to me to be home with him instead of driving an Escalade. (We had an Escalade as a rental in Florida, and we created a monster. It's all Alex talks about!)

Anyway, Alex was babbling on about when he's old enough to have a job he's going to buy an Escalade and give me any ancillary money. I told him I was fine, and that he'd likely want to save his money or he might even spend it taking girls to dinner and to the movies. (Then, I said a prayer and ate a few Tums.) He looked at me and said, "Oh Mom, I might, but I'm going to take you out to dinner and the movies more than all my other girls." I wish I could make him sign a contract.

No comments: