Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Great Expectations

I am excited to share some more maternity shots of my very good friend, Jennifer. Most of you know, Jennifer, or Geeg as I call her, and I started Kindergarten together and have been friends for years.

Jennifer is due with her second baby, on Alex’s 6th birthday. He has little fingers crossed they’ll share their special day, which I think is incredibly sweet for a small boy. She was a little camera shy and feared I’d drape her in satin, and put her on the hood of her Suburban. You’d think she’d know me better.

I had to convince Jennifer it was a good idea to take a few belly shots. This is the ONLY picture I have of me expecting Meredith. Knowing full well this was likely my last baby, this was the best we could do?! The picture was taken as an afterthought, seconds before I hauled myself into the hospital bed.


Now, here are a couple of shots of Jennifer…You tell me which you’d prefer to have on file. (Mine or hers?!)


I can share these with you now, because I gave them to Jennifer tonight at dinner. Twice a year, I get to have dinner with Jennifer and Mary, Jill C.’s mom and also a great friend. They do the buying for a clothing store that is an institution in Olney. These ladies are the trend spotters of South Eastern Illinois. Jenn and Mary come to a clothing show here and I so look forward to seeing them!

We can talk for hours, and usually do. (I didn’t pick up the kids from Grandma and Grandpa’s until bedtime. I’ll scrape the sucker goop off them in the morning.) I once read there is nothing to bind people together more than shared history, and between the three of us we have plenty. Mary and my mom were friends in high school, so Jill and I were forced into friendship during infancy. :) I love it that as a grown up I’m now able to have a wonderful friend in Mary too. Mary even brought me a new booklist! I will happily forgo American Idol to work my way through it.

The next time I see Geeg, she’ll likely be cuddling her new bundle of joy. After having this cutie, how could there not be a sequel?!

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

So many moms shy away from those maternity shots. Looking back I wish I had some! By the way, the lens is great!