Sunday, February 10, 2008

Guess what Wii got?!

I am not one for video games. I don’t like that they encourage you to sit in front of them for hours while your brain atrophies. I don’t like how many hours they can chew before you even realize it. I think this may all stem from the time I couldn’t find Brandon for hours one day when we were in college. After a semi-exhaustive search, (I asked two people.), I found him sitting in someone else’s room “playing” Laura Croft Tomb Raider. They were playing the game 20% of the time and watching Laura swim the other 80%.

My opinion started to change a few months ago after I heard friends chattering about how much fun their families were having with the Wii. Just as I was convinced in the fourth grade that I must have flowered jeans from Kid’s Stuff because everyone else had them, I decided we needed a Wii. I’m very easily influenced. It took me seven seconds to get the rest of the family on board. Of course this decision was made around Christmas time when everyone had the same idea. As luck would have it, we found one on Friday and this has turned into a lost weekend.

It was a great weekend for it because the wind has blown so hard, it sounds like we live on the prairie and the wind is as cold as it is brisk. The only time we’ve ventured out all weekend was to pick up the van from it’s scheduled maintenance.

That is not to say we sat on the couch playing some ridiculous treasure seeking game. We’ve bowled, played several rounds of golf, I punched out Alex and he returned the favor, and Brandon and Alex played a tennis match or two. We tried to play baseball, and sadly we’re just as bad virtually as we are in reality.

If you're in the neighborhood, come by and challenge us, because you have a good chance of winning.


Brandon is not chopping wood. He's bowling.

The look of a determined bowler.We're hopeful it will help with coordination...

Beyond seeing her avatar on screen, Meredith has little interest in playing, so she worked on learning to write her name. She's convinced she needs to know this for Jr. Pre-School, next year!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE our Wii!

You need to get Wii Play and Super Mario Party. Both will be fun for the whole family!

I also can't wait until Wii Fitness comes out in the US (right now it is only available in Japan!). I think it may actually motivate me to workout!

Definitely a fun investment!!