Monday, February 4, 2008

Super "Ball of Fun"

I would not recommend you invite these two to your Super Bowl Party.

After the Colts lost to the Chargers a few weeks ago, we lost interest in the Super Bowl. We didn't have any plans and really didn't give the day much thought. It occured to Alex while we were in the middle of Costco surrounded by people buying "party food," that the Super Bowl was this weekend and we weren't having a party. Alex LOVES to be the host--of anything, so he was completely bummed. To cheer him up, I put out a spread and let them eat upstairs while watching the game. Coupled with the fact that Brandon let him have a Vanilla Diet Coke, he was completely satisfied.

We put them to bed after the half time show. We had had enough of this...
and this...

Sure, it looks cute, but when you're desperately hoping Eli can put a lid on the most arrogant team in football, it looses some of it's charm.
During the half time show, Meredith was thrilled when Tom Petty sang "Free Fallin'," because she believes with all her little heart he's signing about being three. She belted out, "Yea, I'm free!," with three fingers held high during the entire song.
Right before Alex went to bed, he said, "Hey, this little party turned out to be a 'Ball of Fun!" Officially the easiest party I've ever thrown together. Not to mention the outcome of the game couldn't have been any sweeter! I think we were almost as excited as we were last year!
Saturday night Brandon and I went to a Mardi Gras fundraiser with our friends Jill and Scott. It was for their church, and if I'd known how much more fun Catholic fundraisers are than Presbyterian fundraisers, I would have converted years ago. I moved a little slower Sunday morning, but it was completely worth it. I haven't laughed that much (or loudly, most likely) in a long time. And we came home with these, which thrilled these yahoos.

A couple of disclaimers: 1.) Spell check isn't functioning for whatever reason, so kindly ignore my likely errors. 2.) The spacing looks fine when I edit, but once I post it's all running together, so just read slowly, and trust I do know how to form a proper paragraph.

No comments: