Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ah! The smell of vinegar!

I cleaned all the tile in our house today. Well, not all the tile. I can't find it in the sunroom. It's burried underneath a tent and other toys. Meredith was napping and Alex sat, like Humpty Dumpty, on the half wall that divides our kitchen from our living room, and chatted the entire time.

I was listening to Rush while I scrubbed individual tiles, and Alex was annoyed with the poor reception I was getting. He dissapeared and came back with a shower radio, that miraculously worked better than what I was using. Ever the fixer.

I'm not really sure why I spent time cleaning our floors, because it rained cats and dogs the last few days. We live with someone who makes several trips outside during the day, barefoot. Did I mention his feet are like cotton and soak up unbelievable amounts of dirt, water, and general slop? Ugh!
His fur is like VELCRO, for added fun!

That's why I find my job so defeating some days. I clean a room after breakfast and it's a big mess by the afternoon. I finish the laundry and there is more to be done the minute the last load is put away. I feel very lucky to be home doing all the never-ending chores, don't get me wrong, but if feels like Ground Hog Day around here. (The movie with Bill Murray, not the weather-predicting holiday, which happens to be my friend Nancy's birthday!)

My friend Jill C.'s mom, Mary, is an avid reader. Mary gave me a great list of authors last summer and I'm working my way through them. At her suggestion, I'm reading some of Cassandra King's work. I just finished one of her books titled, The Same Sweet Girls.

It's about an old group of friends with years of history between them. They have biannual reunions, and reading it made me long to see my Olney Girls! I cannot wait for our girls' weekend. These ladies are a bit more seasoned than us, but that's why the story touched me. It was a little glimpse into the future, and if you've read it, like I know Jenn has, that glimpse was a little bitter sweet. Just made me think of all of you and how much I appreciate and love every one of you.

I'm sure Brandon is rolling his eyes by now, and the rest of you are probably wondering if I'm hormonally balanced. I assure you I am, but I am pretty tired. I'm off to bed with no election cover to keep me up developing ulcers tonight.

No comments: